List of available AlterNet classes to choose from:
-Bards focus on group buffs and debuffs.
Class Ability – Theme Music – Bards may specify an Aura that is activated automatically whenever they activate any similar skill/aura.
- D.J. – Charisma spec. Supporter role. Sun skill slot.
D.J.s mix music to activate skills and inspire their teammates. They twist multiple Auras together for enhanced effects. D.J.s may skate on the Dance track to avoid interruption, but their effectiveness will be reduced. This penalty may be offset by a Dancer on the team. D.J.s boost Dancer auras.
- Emcee. – Intelligence spec. Mage role. Water skill slot.
M.C.s control the flow of battle. They help teammates complete their laps faster and may stall out opponents to prevent them from completing a lap.
- Hot Mic – Strength spec. Fighter role. Fire skill slot.
This Bard’s Sonic damage also deals Fire elemental damage. Fire damage increases on each consecutive hit during a lap. Bonus resets upon lap completion.
Class Ability – Wild Half – Beast Masters may choose an animal partner. Unique Souls require Unique Soul animals. Zeros may partner with a Unique Soul animal or a Zero animal. Pets that belong to the character are upgraded to Battle Beasts
- Beast Hunter – Intelligence spec. Mage role. Water skill slot.
This hunter focuses on setting traps for the opposing team. They may Consume (for the half at least)
any Beast on the ttrack for different temporary abilities, depending on beast type. Any Beast on the field may be targeted regardless of owner. Includes any Beasts summoned by Card Mages.
- Beast Trainer -Charisma spec – Supporter role. Sun skill slot.
These trainers teach their Battle Beast to fight using skill slots. Any abilities they slot are triggered from their Beast as the caster. These Beasts are considered team members and fill the Support role. Beast Trainers may control their beast from the Dance track.
- Soul Survivor – Stamina spec. Tank role. Earth skill slot.
Tanky beast master that uses their beast’s skills as their own without the need for a skill slot.
Class Ability –
– This class was added during the AlterNet Expansion patch. Their class ability is determined by their spec.
- Gambler – Dexterity spec
They use cards, coins, and dice to activate skills. While the effect is intended to be random, this class has become populated solely with Unique Soul #25 El Borracho. Their ability to manipulate their luck means they always activate the desired skill. Ms. Sharp’s official stance on this is: “I’ll allow it.” The gambler comes with a clear Passive slot. It may slot any Passive skill.
Class Ability – Lucky Streak – Ability boost that scales with the number of concurrent skill activations. This was intended to be reset during a botched roll, but just like real life; drunks ruin it for everyone. While Dana Sharp hasn’t taken any official actions against the abuse, Aurelio Luna placed a hard cap on the maximum skill boost. The hard cap is a stack of five as well as a decay timer so they can’t keep the boost up indefinitely.
- Card Mage – Any
Card Mage specs are determined by their decks. They come with a white slot that will accept any Active or Passive skill.
Class Ability – Lucky Card. – Players may designate one card in their deck as a favorite. This card may be played any time,(with a cooldown) for free, for half the effect. If this card is drawn naturally its cost is reduced by ⅓ and the effect is doubled. A card mage’s deck may be comprised of a maximum of two different themes. Cards can be anything that fits the theme. Summon a monster or servant. Magical effects, Items, equipment, etc.
- Fantasy – Fairies, unicorns, and dragons. Healing focus – Stamina variant
- Undead – Zombies, Vampires, Ghosts, Mummies. Overwhelming odds – Stamina variant.
- Pirates – Salty scoundrels. Roguish focus.- Dexterity variant.
- Ninjas – Unseen assassins. Shadow focus – Dexterity variant.
- Robots – Masters of electricity and efficiency. Intelligence variant.
- Steampunk- Masters of Hydro-power. Intelligence variant.
- Divine – Angels, saints, prophets. Charisma variant.
- Demonic -Demons, devils, sulfur and brimstone. Charisma variant.
- Hive Mind – Insect troopers. Agility variant.
- Martial Artist- Everybody is kung fu fighting. Agility variant.
- Psychics – The power to move you. – Strength variant
- Soldiers of War – Tanks, planes, warships, and guerillas. Strength variant.
-Clowns are an experimental multi-element class added during the AlterNet Advancement patch. Their class skill is determined by their spec.
- Juggler – Strength/Dexterity variant. Water skill slot.
All a juggler’s attacks count as ranged attacks. Role can be either Rogue or Fighter, the character may change their role at any time. (Requires pit stop)
Class Ability – Quick Handed – Can equip a maximum of 5 1-handed weapons. Though it takes laps to cycle up to five from two. Juggling pins may be substituted for weapons; they may be enchanted/slotted with skills for effects. Once up to speed, Jugglers need to keep hitting something to maintain their juggle. Jugglers may hit teammates (regardless of friendly fire rules) to keep tempo. They’re best paired with a tank that can take hits and somehow benefits the team by being a punching bag.
- Rodeo Clown – Agility/Stamina variant.
They come with a clear slot for Passive skills (only) of any color. Role may be Courier or Tank. Slotted Passive skill is activated for free as long as the Rodeo Clown has a barrel.
Class Ability – Barrel Armor – Ethereal barrel around the clown that functions as an energy shield. Rodeo clowns specialize in not getting hit; but, the barrel allows them to take a hit if they need to. The barrel shatters to prevent any damage spillover; it completely negates the attack that breaks it. Barrel requires a lap on the Dance track to recharge.
- Mime – Intelligence/Charisma variant.
They come with a clear slot for Passive skills. Mimes can record any ability they see and store it in a matching ability slot. Role may be Mage or Support. Mimes may take a lap on the Dance track to refill their empty skill slots.
Class Ability- Nano Replay – Mimes may replay their stored ability to use it; this consumes the skill.
Passive – Muscle Memory: For a short time after using a recorded ability, the Mime may activate it a second time. This refractory period grows longer each time the ability is used. Mimes may train an ability enough times to learn it permanently if they get someone willing to train with them. Mimes cannot mimic skills from other mimes.
-This class was added during the AlterNet Advancement patch. The different crafting disciplines are considered the specs. And each of those disciplines has its own subspecs. All craftsmen are assigned the role of Supporter.
- Armorsmith – Stamina spec. Earth skill slot.
Creates enchanted chain, plate armor, and shields for the team.
- Gunsmith – Intelligence spec. Water skill slot.
Creates enchanted arms and ammunition.
- Weaponsmith – Strength spec. Fire skill slot.
Creates enchanted 1-handed or 2-handed weapons for the team.
- Knit – Intelligence spec. Water skill slot.
Weaves enchanted rope, twine, thread,for traps. Knits padded caster gear. Minor offensive abilities with hook attacks.
- Needle – Dexterity spec. Void skill slot.
Sews enchanted silk for banners and cloth caster gear. Minor offensive abilities with needle attacks.
- Tanner – Agility spec. Wind skill slot.
Tanners create leather goods for the team.
- Cook – Agility spec. Wind skill slot.
Cooks enchanted meals for the team. Meals grant long-term buffs.
- Brewer – Intelligence spec. Water skill slot.
Brews potions for the team. Healing potions, poison grenades, and everything in between.
- Herbalist – Stamina spec. Earth skill slot.
Poultices, smudging, all things herby. Cleanses debuffs, heals, boosts stats.
- Swarm Monarch – Intelligence spec. Water skill slot.
Can reprogram nanos during a match to generate powerups, increase resources, or slow opponents.
- Project Manager – Charisma spec. – Sun skill slot.
Reduces crafting costs of other craftsmen on the team. Increases production speed.
- Architect – Stamina spec. Earth skill slot.
Architects may design, enhance, or overwrite Zones in play. They may create a Zone for their team without the need for a Card Mage. They may enhance a Zone created by a Card Mage on their team. They may expend resources to disrupt an opponent’s Zone.
– This class was added during the AlterNet Advancement patch. This class has no specs. No innate elemental affinity. White skill slot that can socket any skill. To activate their skills and maintain their auras Dancers need to make contact with nano-markers only they(and other Dancers) can see. The markers may appear anywhere on the track, and the Dancer must make contact (hands, skates, elbows, knees, abilities, whatever). The more difficult they make it for themselves (harder settings) the stronger the effects are.
Ability – Dancer’s Groove – Any skill slotted in the spec slot will be cast as a group skill. Auras are always up with no resource cost as long as the Dancer is on a streak. Offensive skills will target the entire enemy group. Single-target skills become a weak pulse that matches the Dancer’s beat.
- Feral – Strength variant. Fire skill slot.
Shape-changing druids that become animals.
- Healer – Charisma variant. Sun skill slot.
Nature druids that heal and purify.
- Earth spirit – Stamina variant. Earth skill slot.
Tunnel druids that mastered the earth element.
Class Ability – Elemental Grace – Characters are immune to elemental damage from their chosen element.
- Earth Slammer – Stamina spec.Tank role. Earth skill slot.
Ability – Earthen Blessing – Character gains an armor boost bonus for each unique support ability or positive status effect cast on them.
- Water Slider – Intelligence spec. Mage role. Water skill slot.
Ability – Upstream – Passive. Character’s offensive abilities also deal water elemental damage, regardless of skill element. Character’s defensive abilities also add a minor regen effect.
- Wind Jammer – Agility spec. Courier role. Wind skill slot.
Ability – Wind Kick – Passive. Character gains a temporary speed boost after using any offensive skill. Target is given a Slow debuff if the skill does damage.
- Hot Shot -Strength spec. Fighter role. Fire skill slot.
Ability – Flame Trigger – Passive, adds fire elemental damage and minor fire DoT to any ranged attack.
- Cannoneer – Strength spec.Fighter role. Fire skill slot.
- Sniper – Dexterity spec.Rogue role. Void skill slot.
- Quickdraw – Agility spec. Courier role. Wind skill slot.
-Any class can use healing skills, but this class focuses on them.
Class Ability – Professional – Any healing skills used by this class gets a moderate healing boost.
- Regen Specialist – Stamina spec. Tank role. Earth skill slot.
Regen healers aim to overheal. Any overhealing done by a regen spec healer is not wasted. It’s stored on the target and activated when they take damage.
Spec Ability – Healing Tank – Healer can choose one target to focus on and keep them healed. Overhealing the target will trickle down to other team members.
- Soul Defender – Dexterity spec. Rogue role. Void skill slot.
This class keeps the team healthy through damage mitigation.
Spec Ability – Soul Void – Character takes all damage for the team at a reduced rate for a portion of track.
- Soul Tapper– Charisma spec. Supporter role. Sun skill slot.
Heal manipulation. Heal block/steal.
Spec Ability – Bloodletting – Characters may target an opponent. Any heals cast on that target will be directed to the caster’s team.
Class Ability – Fealty – Knights gain a moderate stat boost if they have pledged loyalty to the team captain for the duration of the game.
- Banner Knight – Charisma spec. -Supporter role. Sun skill slot.
These knights raise team morale by hoisting enchanted banners. Banners grant team Auras.
Spec Ability – Hoist Banner – Character chooses a banner that buffs their team. Moderate regen, attack up, armor up, etc. buffs. Only one at a time. May switch once per lap.
- Battle Knight – Strength spec – Fighter role. Fire skill slot.
These knights specialize in two-handed combat.. They may dual-wield two-handed weapons.
Spec Ability – Whirlwind – Free attack with a two-lap cooldown. Character spins around at high speed with both weapons. Cleave damage.
- Bunker Knight – Stamina spec – Tank role. Earth skill slot.
These knights take the hits with a sword & board combo.
Speck Ability – Shield Bash – Free attack with a chance to stun. Once per turn.
Class Ability – Characters deal extra damage on their next attack when returning from the Dance track.
- Javelin Launcher– Agility spec. Courier role. Wind skill slot.
Deals full damage with their weapon as a ranged attack.
- Laser Lancer – Intelligence spec. Mage role. Water skill slot.
Ranged attack with a laser rifle.
- Spearman – Dexterity spec. Rogue role. Void skill slot.
Spearmen deal extra damage on their next attack when returning from the Dance track.
-This class was added during the AlterNet Advancement patch. Librarians are all about information. They know how to find anything they need to know from curing poison to a player’s weak spot. Librarians can help the team maneuver through other Earths when the game calls for it.
Class Ability – Well-Read – Debuffs/ Negative status effects have reduced duration/effectiveness on this character. Buffs/ Positive status effects have increased duration/effectiveness on this character.
- Archivist – Intelligence spec. Mage role. Wind skill slot.
Archivists keep track of every skill used during a game. They can target and undo effects that have already been resolved.
- Storyteller – Charisma spec. Supporter role. Sun skill slot.
Storytellers can keep an opponent from acting by distracting them with a story. They provide team Auras.
- Bookkeeper – Intelligence spec. Supporter role. Earth skill slot.
Bookkeepers are extremely efficient with the team’s resources. They reduce cost of skills used by teammates.
-This class was added during the AlterNet Advancement patch.All Merchants are assigned the role of Supporter.
Class Ability –
- Buyer – Charisma spec. Sun skill slot.
These merchants get discounts when purchasing bulk resources.
- Trader – Intelligence spec. Water skill slot.
These merchants can refund equipment for nanos.
- Vendor – Stamina spec. Earth skill slot.
These merchants can sell to both teams.
Class Ability –
- Chakra Master – Intelligence spec. Mage role. Water skill slot.
These monks have mastered the mystical side of Chakra.
- Chi Healer – Charisma spec. Supporter role. Sun skill slot.
Heals and cleanses target by hitting pressure points. Will not work on chain or plate armor.
- Dragonfist – Strength spec. Fighter role. Fire skill slot.
Class Ability –
- Plaguebearer – Intelligence spec. Mage role. Water skill slot.
- Reaper – Dexterity spec. Rogue role. Void skill slot.
- Undead Horde – Charisma spec. Supporter role. Sun skill slot.
Protects team mates with creative use of zombies and other undead.
Class Ability –
- Assassin – Dexterity spec. Rogue role. Void skill slot.
Masters of stealth.
Ability – Free shadow teleport once per lap.
- Emissary – Agility spec. Courier role. Wind skill slot.
Ability – Ninja dash – Free medium range dash skill.
Ninjas that mastered the Elements.
- Fury – Intelligence spec. Mage role. Water skill slot.
Ability – Ninja magic – Can use any element in the Zone for a free attack skill. All skills cause damage as well as an extra effect. Element determines the extra effect. Fire = attack, Cha = healing, Water = magic boost etc..
Fortress Paladin– Stamina spec. Tank role. Earth skill slot.
This paladin wields two shields. Uses them for attack and defense.
Ability – Wrath – Paladin stores any attacks blocked in their shield. Can release it all at once as a big blast. This class synergizes well with Jugglers.
- Holy Word Paladin– Intelligence spec. Mage role. Water skill slot.
Caster paladins that bless the team with auras and debuffs the opposing team.
- Righteous Paladin – Strength spec. Fighter role. Fire skill slot.
Berzerker paladins that swing two-handed weapons.
Ability – Divine Fury – All offensive skills add Sun and Fire elemental damage.
- Archer – Agility spec. Courier role. Wind skill slot.
- Hunter – Dexterity spec. Rogue role. Void skill slot.
- Tracker – Intelligence spec. Mage role. Water skill slot.
- Ronin – Strength spec. Fighter role. Fire skill slot.
- Royal Guard – Stamina spec. Tank role. Earth skill slot
- Town Guard – Agility spec. Courier role. Wind skill slot.
-Characters use compressed magic as ammunition. Spellslinger use their own magic and compress it into the chamber on a trigger pull. However, spell ammunition can be created by craftsmen.
Class Ability – Trigger Discipline – Spellslinger is immune to whichever element is loaded.
Riot Mage – Strength spec. Fighter role. Fire skill slot.
These mages use shotguns to cast localized AoE spells and may protect themselves with full-body
- Sidearm Mage – Agility spec. Courier role. Wind skill slot.
These mages use sidearms and pistols as wands to cast their spells.
- SpellSniper – Dexterity spec. Rogue role. Void skill slot.
These mages cast discreet, long-range spells using sniper rifles.
-Characters may enchant their weapon with elemental properties.They focus on maximizing their effectiveness with a single weapon type.
Class Ability –
- Greatsword Mage – Strength spec. Fighter role. Fire skill slot.
- Rapier Mage – Dexterity spec. Rogue role. Void skill slot.
- Scimitar Mage – Agility spec. Courier role. Wind skill slot.
Class Ability –
- Mastermind – Intelligence spec. Mage role. Water skill slot.
- Pickpocket – Dexterity spec. Rogue role. Void skill slot.
- Runner – Agility spec. Courier role. Wind skill slot.
- Arcane Wizard – Intelligence spec. Mage role. Water skill slot.
These wizards deal non-elemental magic damage.
- Elemental Wizard – Strength spec. Fighter role. Fire skill slot.
These wizards boost the elemental attunement of skills. More damage, longer duration of effects.
- Storm Wizard – Agility spec. Courier role. Wind skill slot.
These wizards boost their team’s speed.